Saturday, June 13, 2009

Projects

I've been bored. We've been trapped inside a lot due to the weather lately. We've had hail and rain almost every other day for a week now. The street was pretty much completely flooded the other day. Just look at these pics...it is truly amazing how quickly the rain filled the streets.





So, what do I do when I'm stuck inside, watching movies and Dora all day, I crochet! I made Brielle this tulip hat (this picture really doesn't do the hat justice. It really is pretty cute).



Then I really got crazy and made her this little beanie with a humongous flower bow. I know, it's a little obnoxious, but still pretty cute.



Still bored, I decided to start sewing. A friend of mine just had her first baby girl, so I made her this taggie blankie and coordinating burp cloth.




Then I decided to make Brielle a taggie because I had a fat quarter of a fabric that I fell in love with a few months ago and I didn't know what to do with it, so I put it to good use with this project and she loves it!



I also had to make more Young Women birthday gifts. We have 71 Young Women in our ward. We decided to give the girls a value-colored scripture bookmark. The message on the front says, "The scriptures are very “value-able!” We hope that you enjoy this value-colored scripture bookmark. "For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them." 2 Ne 4:15 We love you and hope you have a great birthday!

This project has been frustrating from the beginning. If you remember a while back I posted that we were going to give the girls value-colored chap sticks, and I ordered 75 of them in December just before the church announced that the YW Theme was being updated with a new value. The addition of the new value is awesome, but man!, that was frustrating. So we had to come up with a new b-day gift on the fly and this is what we came up with in January. I think it came together pretty well; this project has been time consuming, but worthwhile.



My friend Gina gave me a brilliant idea to make car and truck stickers and stick them to the boys' ceiling fans. It turned out so cute. Thanks Gina for the great idea. The boys love it! Here is a pic of the boys room just before I put the stickers on...



and here's are some pics of the fan...






10 comments:

Marianne said...

I am so jealous that you are so crafty. Maybe you could teach me to crochet. I have tried before, but never really got the hang of it. Anytime you want to get together, let me know. We have been going crazy being stuck inside as well with this wonderful weather, not to mention that Adam has been working a ton, so call me!!

Shauna said...

You are so amazing!! I don't know how you find the time to do all of it! The tulip hat looked so cute on Brielle the other day. Rickee even told me how cute it was. I can't wait to see the boys room!

Erica Williams said...

You are so talented!

Heather Jeppsen said...

When I see weather like that, I think I'll stay down here where there's sunshine. Let me know when it stops and I can come home!

Cute projects. Wait till you see what I've been doing.

Hailey said...

Heather, I can't wait...tell me now! What have you been up to? :)

Ball Family said...

Very talented! I will have to let you know what you can make me :)

By the way, you put my fan to shame!!!! I want to rip my down and start over, but the lazy inside of me says "meh, maybe tomorrow."

DaNette said...

We love the cute little burp cloth and taggie blanket they are so adorable and everyone else always comments on how adorable they are too, THANK YOU! And those hats you made for Brielle are so cute, and she looks like a doll in them.
You are very creative!

Jaz said...

okay...those beanies are seriously the cutest I have ever seen. You need to get a really good pic of Bri in the tulip hat (soooo cute)- I have a friend who takes really good artsy pics if you wanna know her info- anyway and then have the pic as your advertisement.

Loved the other projects too but was blown away by the hats.

i {heart} hawkes said...

hailey those hats are simply adorable! what a talent...i'm just getting to the point where i'm finding a little time to read again which is nice. and that rain, holy cow. i bet your boys are loving it.

The Rice Life said...

was the tulip hat hard? Where did you get the directions?